US Work Visas For Temporary Workers

Foreign nationals who want to enter the U.S. for temporary employment may do so under several different classifications. E-1, E-2, H-1B, H-2A, L-1A, L-1B, O-1 and R-1 visas are all temporary worker classifications.

Schengen Visa Travel Insurance

E Visas

There are two types of E visas. The first one is the E-1 visa which is given to foreign nationals who wish to enter the country for trade and commerce. They may go back and forth between the U.S. and the country of their origin during the period of trade. Goods, services, tourism, insurance and international banking are only some of the items for trade that can be considered. E-2 visas on the other hand are given to investors who are developing direct operations of a business in the country; or those who are already investing a substantial amount of capital in the country.

H Visas

H Visas have two classifications as well. H-1B visas are issued to those with specialty occupations and fashion models. The tasks which they perform are considered a specialty due to its nature where highly specialized knowledge is needed. H-2A visas are given to temporary agricultural workers. This is done only when there are no agricultural workers available in the United States to perform the needed services. It is also important that employers show that bringing in foreign workers will not adversely affect wages and working conditions of U.S. workers.

L Visas

L-1A and L-1B visas are both used for professionals undergoing transfers from their company. The first classification is for managers and executives while the latter is for those professionals with specialized knowledge. This type of visas are used by company or organizations that have a mother company or branch in the United States.

O Visas

Individuals with exemplary achievements in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics as well as in the movie and television industry belong here. They may be allowed to enter the U.S. to do work because of their accomplishments. Proving their extraordinary abilities in their field must be done through submitting documented evidence.

R-1 Visa

This visa classification is given to temporary religious workers entering the United States with a non-immigrant status. The foreign national must be employed at least part time with at least 20 hours of work weekly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *